Burberry announced the opening of its new Shanghai flagship store within Kerry Centre. Burberry Kerry Centre is the eighth store to open in Shanghai, following recent openings within L’Avenue, K11 Art Mall and Hongqiao airport in 2013.
Inspired by 121 Regent Street, the brand’s global flagship, Burberry Kerry Centre brings its London flagship experience to life in the heart of Shanghai. Incorporating British craftsmanship and materials, the space reflects the architectural design concept developed by Chief Creative Officer, Christopher Bailey.
Located over three floors in the centre of Shanghai’s Jing An district, Burberry Kerry Centre has been designed to offer multi-sensory experiences for its customers and communities, featuring exclusive products and services. Highlights include:
- A dynamic illuminated façade responding to both programmed animation and the outdoors while organically interacting with natural light
- Evolution of the Burberry Retail Theatre concept in China, offering immersive audiovisual experiences via 40 video screens and 130 speakers throughout the store, including the first digital brand gallery in Asia
- First in-store Burberry Beauty room in China, featuring the full Burberry fragrance and make up collections with specialist Burberry Beauty consultants offering personalised appointments
- A dedicated watch area showcases a wide selection of Burberry watches, including the fully expanded Britain collection for men and women
- Innovative use of radio-frequency identification technology (RFID). Woven into select apparel and accessories, RFID chips trigger unique multimedia content on mirrors that turn to screens instantly to showcase runway footage and exclusive product videos
- Online insights meet offline interactions to create a tailored and personal shopping experience, including mobile check-out and Customer 1-2-1 – through which store associates can access customers’ unique preferences and shopping history
- A programme of live events by the best in established and emerging creative talent will be hosted in-store, while satellite technology allows for the livestreaming of events to a global digital audience
- An exclusive limited edition collection of mens and womens ready-to-wear and accessories, including the iconic trench coat, to celebrate the launch of the store will be available from 25 April